At Keyes Honda, we were ecstatic to learn that Honda has topped individual car buyer sales in America for 2016. The is the best-selling compact car* and the is the best-selling mid-size car**, the Honda CR-V is the best-selling compact CUV*** and the Honda Odyssey is the best-selling mid-size van**** in America. This makes it the 4th straight year that Honda has America’s most popular car, SUV, and minivan. If that wasn’t enough, Honda is the fastest growing automaker in the U.S. in retail sales, according to data from Automotive News. “We want to thank our customers for the trust they’ve placed in Honda, which is the basis for everything we do,” said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division. “Retail sales are the results of customers voting with their wallets and pocketbooks, and we think that’s the only true measure of customer demand and product appeal.” At Keyes Honda, we know how much our Los Angeles, CA area customers love their Honda vehicles and it looks like many other Americans share that enthusiasm.
In addition to topping individual car buyer sales, Honda had many other year-end retail-sales achievements:
• Honda Civic will post the all-time best sales performance in its 44-year history, making Civic America’s best-selling car with individual buyers.
• Honda Accord will post a fourth straight year of retail sales leadership among midsize cars.
• Honda CR-V will post a seventh straight year of sales gains and further cement its position as America’s best-selling SUV over the past 21 years.
• Honda Odyssey will be the best-selling minivan with retail buyers for a seventh straight year.
• Honda Civic, CR-V, and Accord will be the three highest retail-selling vehicles in the auto industry after full-size pickups and will combine for sales of more than 1 million units for the fifth straight year in 2016.
With a full line-up of spectacular vehicles, we can’t wait to see what happens in 2017!
*Based on IIHS Automotive Polk CYTD December 2015 non-luxury traditional compact segment new retail registrations in the US.
**Based on IIHS Automotive Polk CYTD December 2015 non-luxury traditional midsize segment new retail registrations in the US.
***Based on IIHS Automotive Polk CYTD December 2015 non-luxury traditional compact CUV segment new retail registrations in the US.
****Based on IIHS Automotive Polk CYTD December 2015 non-luxury traditional mid-size van segment new retail registrations in the US.